I'm looking for a new job, so I need to update my resume again. As a Django Dev I should store and display these data in my blog's about page. Because I'm a geek, I chose to write a Django third application for this usage and integrate it in my blog project. Obviously this app is free on GitHub: ZuluPro/django-cv.
For those who don't want to read too much (they are a lot) the result is here: django-cv-demo.herokuapp.com/1/
What is it supposed to do ?
Primarly, it store resumes via Django's model with the following tables:
- Resume: Worker's informations such as names, URLs or photo
- Experience: What you've done
- Project & ProjectItem: Project and what you've done inside
- Training: What did you study
- Certification & CertificationItem: Certification and when you did it
- Skill & SkillItem: Competence and your level with
Secondly, it proposes different way to display it:
- Export as PDF format with written views. It uses XHTML2PDF for generate document.
- Make HTML5 presentation with Reveal.js
It wasn't already made ?
There are many projects using Django's models for store resume, Ckelly's one, Alex's one or recently Django-Resumator from AmmsA, but excluding the last they seem to be studying project for learn Django but not a real useful third app.
I decided to make a clear updated application that can be used for single, multiple resumes or why not a job board like Django Gigs. I began an implementation/demo at django-cv-demo.herokuapp.com. It's not finished, but you can see an example of HTML5 presentation here.
You can use this app for create PDF resumes if you want, for now authentication is made at Admin login page, your user will be created at login with an empty resume. Fill it, and export begin export with Admin Action. It will ask which fields do you want in document and you get it !
Say me more
This presentation materials already helps me to find jobs and for recruiters they seem to have a real professionnal look-and-feel, especially the Reveal.js presentation. But there are always some undone requierements:
- I need to be able export as .ODT format (and maybe .DOCX)
- Resumé's content should be translatable into spoken languages
- Make a beautiful single page CV
- Why not create Apache Flex presentation
I would like to say: Stay tuned !. And do not hesitate to open an issue on GitHub, fork or submit patch.